For COUNTER reports in JSON format the header is in the Report_Header field (see the COUNTER_SUSHI API Specification for details). The differences compared to the header in the tabular reports are:
- The header includes an additional element Customer_ID, the value is the Customer ID used for the SUSHI request (not empty).
- The header does not include the elements Metric_Types and Reporting_Period. These elements are actually report filters which are separate header elements in the tabular reports for easier reading. In the JSON report these elements are included in Report_Filters.
- Exceptions include additional information (Severity, Help_URL).
- Arrays are used for multiple values instead of encoding them into a string.
For COUNTER reports in JSON format the body is in the Report_Items field (see the COUNTER_SUSHI API Specification for details). The differences compared to the body in the tabular reports are:
- The usage data is reported in a Performance, Period and Instance structure which also includes the Metric_Type (i.e. all rows in a tabular report which only differ by Metric_Type and the usage data are included in one Performance element in the JSON report).
- Instance elements with a Count of zero are omitted; Performance elements without Instance element are omitted; Report_Items without Performance elements are omitted.
- Fields with missing or unknown values are either expressed as empty as appropriate for the data type (if the field is required by the specification) or omitted.
- Reporting_Period_Total must not be included.
- If a granularity is specified in the Report_Attributes header, the usage counts might not be totals by month but for example totals by year or Reporting_Period totals.