Vendor/Aggregator/Gateway Declaration of COUNTER Compliance
Download Appendix C
We <name of Content Provider> (‘The Company’) hereby confirm the following:
- That the following online usage reports that are supplied by The Company to its customers, and which The Company claims to be ‘COUNTER-compliant’, conforming to Release 5 of the COUNTER Code of Practice:< insert list COUNTER-compliant reports >
- The Company agrees that it will implement the protocols specified in Section 7 of Release 5 of the Code of Practice to correct for the effects of federated searches and internet robots on usage statistics.
- Where The Company supplies to customers online usage statistics not included in the usage reports covered in 1 above, but which use terms defined in the COUNTER Code of Practice, that the definitions used by The Company are consistent with those provided in the COUNTER Code of Practice.
- The Company will pay to COUNTER the Vendor Registration Fee (£350/US$500), unless The Company is a Member of COUNTER in good standing, for whom this fee is waived.
- That to maintain COUNTER-compliant status, the usage reports provided by The Company to its customers will be independently audited according to a schedule and standards specified by COUNTER.
Signature: _______________________ Date:_______________________
Name: __________________________ Title: ________________________
For and on behalf of (content provider’s name):
Email address: ____________________________________________________
Upon receipt of this signed declaration by the COUNTER office, and upon payment (where the Company is not a member of COUNTER) by The Company of the Content Provider Registration Fee, The Company will be listed on the Register of Content Providers providing COUNTER-compliant Usage Reports pending completion of a formal audit within 6 months of signing this declaration.
This Declaration may be scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheques should be made payable to ‘Project COUNTER’ and mailed to: COUNTER, 25 Egbert Road, Winchester, SO23 7EB, UK